top of page

Common Queries

You Asked, We Answered

Do you offer gift packaging?

YES! We love to help you send a gift to your loved one! Jewellery is always a good idea! All you need to do is leave a small message with your order number. You can add a little text with your gift. We take care of the rest! 

What are the payment options?

We accept Credit Cards and Paypal payments.

What is your return policy?

In case you need to return an item, please send it back to us within 15 days of delivery. Please kindly note that all our shippings are free. However, return shipping cost is on buyer. 

How to take care of my jewellery?

Hypoallergenic sterling silver doesn’t rust in the traditional sense, but it does go through a chemical process that causes the color of the metal to change over time. It’s important to understand what happens to different metals when exposed to certain elements so you can protect your sterling silver jewellery.

Sterling silver is a metal alloy that’s comprised of 92.5% silver. The remaining 7.5% of this metal is typically zinc or copper. Sterling silver is more durable than pure silver, which is 99.9% silver with only trace elements making up the final 0.01%. Pure silver is so soft that it’s only used in a few fine of Marelago jewellery pieces.

One difference between pure silver and sterling silver is that sterling silver will tarnish. Tarnish is a black, grey, or green discoloration that can appear on silver as well as copper, aluminum, nickel, zinc, and brass. Sterling silver tarnishes more quickly than pure silver because it features a combination of metals that are all susceptible to tarnishing, thus speeding up the process.


Items tarnish when they’re exposed to oxygen, hydrogen sulfide, and sulfur dioxide. These substances create a chemical reaction that causes silver sulfide to form on the surface of sterling silver objects.

While sulfur compounds are often airborne, they can also be found in some shampoos, perfumes, soaps, and makeup. Some people have greater acidity levels in their skin as well, which speeds tarnishing further. This means that your sterling silver jewellery may tarnish faster when it comes into contact with your skin. High humidity levels cause items to tarnish faster as well. 

When wearing your sterling silver, you should be mindful of any contact with sunscreen, certain cosmetics, and chlorine. These will all cause the silver to tarnish more quickly. This doesn’t mean that you need to avoid these substances entirely, however. Simply pay attention to what your sterling silver comes into contact with and clean it more frequently and thoroughly when it’s exposed to things that are likely to accelerate tarnishing.

It is important to clean your jewellery from time to time.

You can simply wash your jewellery in a bowl filled with warm water and soap, then wipe it with a soft cloth. This will help your jewellery to resist longer from all the accumulated pollution, sweat, make up and chemical products such as creams and perfume.

For your jewellery to last even longer, it is recommended not to pull the jewellery too hard when putting it on and off.  

Please take off your jewellery : 

When visiting sauna

While working out & during any physical activity

When applying spray cosmetics such as deodorants and body sprays

If you don’t want your sterling silver to tarnish, it’s important to think about where you’re storing it. To slow the tarnishing process, you should store your sterling silver away from:

  • Wool.

  • Latex.

  • Tissue paper.

  • Rubber bands.

  • Humidity.

  • Painted surfaces.

You can purchase storage bags or jewellery boxes for sterling silver that contain a protective inner lining that will help prevent tarnishing.

In longer term you may always treat your jewellery with silver cleaning services.

Care Guide
bottom of page